Job Code: RD-PETF
Position Type: Full-Time
Company: DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
Location: Richmond, CA
Process Engineer - Thin-Film Coatings
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc. is a well-established photonics technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Over the past three decades, the company has developed many patented technology platforms for the optical communications and solid-state lighting industries. Utilizing these core technology platforms, DiCon develops and manufactures world-class products, and markets these products to commercial, industrial, and end-user customers. The company has strong vertically integrated capabilities, allowing it to respond rapidly to changing customer needs and emerging new market opportunities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
DiCon has an immediate need for a Process Engineer to lead process improvement efforts and manage production for our optical thin-film coatings. DiCon designs, develops, and manufactures high-precision optical thin-film coatings, for use in optical communications applications. The position includes responsibility for identifying and implementing process improvements that will reduce time-to-market, lower cost, and improve product quality and reliability.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Evaluation and design of manufacturing processes and recipes for thin-film coatings, including the development and maintenance of standard operation procedures.
- Schedule and manage the daily production of coatings, to achieve and maintain high productivity, including the mentoring and training of technicians and operators.
- Responsibility for ensuring the operational status of coating chambers, including the coordination of maintenance and repair activities.
- Design and development of new thin-film coatings, including product evaluation and characterization, and coating process optimization.
- Lead efforts to improve DiCon’s production coating technologies, for high-quality and high-precision optical thin-film filters, intended for optical communications.
- Support Marketing and Sales with technical support and customer specifications.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS or MS degree in Engineering discipline, Operations Research, Manufacturing Management.
- At least one year of experience in an industrial environment, preferably with experience in process engineering.
- Direct experience in the manufacturing of fiberoptic or micro-optic components is preferred, especially in the design, development, and manufacture of thin-film coatings.
- Must be able to work both independently, and as a team.
- Must be a problem-solver with good communication skills.
Please indicate the assigned job code, RD-PETF, and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.